Many websites are restricted in some premises like schools, colleges, and corporate offices, and sometimes a Website is also banned in the whole country. The reasons are many, like security, to stop distractions. For country wide bans, the reason can be a national level security issue, different controversial related to particular religion, etc. Whatever it is, whenever this kind of thing happens I know it sucks.
The restrictions of websites are mostly done on ISPs and servers. Today in this article, I have some of the coolest methods available on the Internet to unblock the blocked websites without any hassle regardless of your country or your premises from where you need to access the Internet.
Below are the three useful methods to unblock the blocked website.
Replacing DNS server –
For Ex. You can say that a DNS server is a huge bucket which contains all the information regarding any website in this world. So, whenever any school, collages or even the countries have to block any website, They block the DNS servers through the country’s IP. So, whenever a country or any other local server has to block the website, they will actually block the website’s IP from the country’s IPs by using its own DNS server.
That’s how all it works. Most of the times, countries or different companies, collages and schools use this methods because it is not easy to bypass. But here we have to replace the whole DNS server to unblock the blocked website. Here are the steps.
Steps to replace DNS server for Android users –
- First of all, open the settings option and click on WiFi.
- You have to long press to the WiFi network you’re connected and you have to click on modify network.
- Now you will see a box next to Advanced option, click on that and then scroll down.
- There you will find DHCP, click on that and then click on Static IP and scroll down.
- Now this is where the trick is getting started, You will find a Radio button, click on that and now If you want to use OpenDNS, enter 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 and if you want to use Google DNS, then enter 184.108.40.206 as the Preferred DNS Server and 220.127.116.11 as the Alternate DNS Server.
Steps to replace DNS server for iOS users –
- First of all, go to Settings then click on WiFi and then at last click on the WiFi network the phone is connected to.
- There only you will get the option of DNS, from there you can change the values of Google DNS and open DNS ( The values should be same as mentioned in the above steps for Android users).
- Please note that values which are mentioned should be separated with comma and space.
Steps to replace DNS server for Windows XP users –
- First of all, got to Control Panel by clicking on start or by giving a random Right click anywhere on the desktop to find the option of Control Panel and then go to network connections.
- Now get connected to your internet connection. Then you have to press a random right-click anywhere on the desktop and click on properties.
- Then you will see an option called Internet protocol, left-click on that and select properties.
- A 5-steps instruction is provided in the properties. You need to follow it
Steps to replace DNS server for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Vista users –
- For Windows 8 and 8.1 users, press Windows key + C and then in the search box you have to type Control Panel, once it’s opened click on Network and the Internet and then on Network and sharing. For the Windows 7 and Vista users, go to start, then control panel, then network and the Internet and at last Networks and sharing.
- Now, click on change adapter settings.
- Then you have to Right-click on the Internet connection from which you’re facing issue opening the websites, and then you click on properties.
- Now, you have to select Internet Protocol version 4 and then again click on properties.
- Now, you will see an option of the radio button, click on that.
- It’s your choice now that weather you want to use Google DNS server or preferred DNS server as an alternate server. For using both of them, you have apply the codes mentioned above the in the Android section. If you want to use OpenDNS, use 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 respectively. After entering these, click on OK.
2. Changing the URL –
Many times it happens that the blocked website is hosted on a well protected VPN and thus you’re facing issues opening it because it has unverified SSL installed. In this kind of scenario you can change the URL, you’re using. For Ex. – rather the using http://www.WebsiteURL.com, you can use https://www.WebsiteURL.com.
Because we change the URL here, it can bypass the SSL verification, and the website will be opened. One you will do this you’ll get a security pop-up, tap on proceed-anyway and start using the website.
3. RSS Feed –
You can get fresh and latest content related to the blocked website, and you can add the information to your Reader. This is a very simple method and preferred by most of the people because it is very easy to apply. In case you do not hey any RSS feed of the blocked website you want to access, you can find several tools on the Internet which can do this job for you.
Thus, was the three methods to unblock your favorite blocked websites.
Note: We are not responsible for any kind of misuse of the below tutorial. We are just sharing the information for knowledge purpose over here.
Final Words –
At last, I need to mention that I’ve posted the methods which are considered to be the most legit methods to access unblocked websites which are widely known and doesn’t have an expiry date and are easy to apply. While applying the methods if you will follow the instruction properly then you won’t face any problem.
So, thus was the article on unblocking blocked websites. Please mention all your questions and suggestions in the comment section.